Serves roughly 4-6
1/4 of a medium pumpkin
2 tbsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
small sprinkling of nutmeg
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
1 stick of celery
1.5 litre of vegetable stock
1 can of coconut milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/ gas mark 6. Cut and peel pumpkin into small even sized chunks and put in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on your chili flakes, paprika and coriander seeds with a little salt and pepper. Place on middle shelf of oven for approx 30 minutes (until soft).
2. Peel and cut your potato's into small chunks and transfer to a pan of boiling salted water for approx 15 minutes (until soft). Time this to finish with the pumpkin.
3. Once the potato's are on, chop the celery, leeks and carrots and fry in a big pan with some olive oil. Do this gently for about 15 minutes - you don't want to brown them!
4. Add the pumpkin, potato, stock,coconut milk, cinnamon and nutmeg to the pan and bring to the boil. I like to puree half of the soup because I like some bits, use a hand blender until you have a consistency you like.
5. Season to taste and serve with fresh bread, I like poppy seed - ENJOY! :)